Dust off that food processor stored in the back of your cabinet because it can work wonders! Cut down your cooking time by using your food processor to chop vegetables, mash beans or shred potatoes. Here are some of our favorite ways to use your food processor from pesto to peanut butter.
1. Homemade Peanut Butter- This delicious snack is a great source of protein and perfect for dipping apples! Check out the full peanut butter recipe and video on our blog for step-by-step directions and a few tips to make it even healthier.
2. Pear Yogurt Crisp- This just-sweet-enough pear crisp is a great option to serve to friends for brunch, topped with yogurt, or for dessert with a dollop of whipped cream. You get all the health benefits of pears, plus the crunchy, savory taste of yogurt crisp!
3. Hummus- Chickpeas have an abundance of health benefits and taste great, which is why we’re huge fans! Making your own hummus is super easy with a food processor or you can order it from Terra’s Kitchen (complete with veggies and pita chips)!
4. Cauliflower Pizza Crust- You can use a grater to make this healthy pizza crust...or you can cut your time in half and use your food processor to grate the cauliflower!
5. Pesto- Plant some basil in your garden this year! Pesto is great on pizza, pasta, sandwiches and more. If you are wndering how to make pesto, here is a pesto recipe we like for Pesto Chicken and Pasta.
ProTip: Pour a little water and soap in the bottom of your food processor and pulse for 10 seconds to loosen food and make the cleaning process a little easier.
Don’t want to cook? Order your meals and snacks from Terra's Kitchen to make things easier. We send ingredients that are already washed, measured and prepped so you can get straight to the fun part, cooking!