You’ll be fooling the entire family with this versatile vegetable! Cauliflower can be ground, mashed, chopped and liquified. And, you can make just about any recipe healthier because of cauliflower’s mild taste. (Your family will never guess the main ingredient in their bowls of soft serve ice cream!) Here are six ways to cook cauliflower and cut unhealthy ingredients out.
- Vanilla Bean Cauliflower Ice Cream- If you're lactose intolerant but love creamy ice cream, then this substitute is perfect for you! All you need to do is combine 2 cups frozen cauliflower, 1 frozen banana, ½ cup non-dairy milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla and protein powder (optional). For a thicker consistency, add ⅓ cup overnight oats. Blend until you get the consistency you crave!
- World-Famous Mashed Cauliflower- Everyone has their favorite recipe for mashed potatoes already. The good news is you can still use your “World’s Best Mashed Potatoes” recipe to make cauliflower mashed potatoes. The only differences are:
- Cook cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until tender
- Drain all of the water (the more dry, the better)
- Add your normal ingredients and mash!
- Thin Crust Cauliflower- Now you don’t have to feel guilty after eating an entire pizza. This thin crust cauliflower recipe produces plenty for two bellyfulls and is only 272 calories per serving! (That includes sauce, cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.) Compared to a regular cheese pizza (where one slice is 300 calories), this recipe is a gut-saver! Start making your low calorie meal tonight!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice- This meal kit is popular among veggie lovers. To make the “rice,” pulse the florets in a food processor until they becomes rice sized. Then transfer the rice to a wok, add the vegetables and sauce and stir fry! Simple. We can even send you the ingredients pre-cut and washed so that the entire meal will be ready in 30 minutes. Order it today!
- Cauliflower Animal for Kids- It’s hard to get kids to eat their vegetables. Worry no more; our team has come up with a few easy ideas that will have your kids asking for more! Channel your inner food artist and start creating a cauliflower sheep with an olive face and legs. Pair it with a bell pepper octopus and your kids will have finished their vegetable serving before you know it!
- Cauliflower on the side- We’re excited to announce five new sides we added to the menu; one is cauliflower! With your order, you will receive three new ideas of how to cook the sides. For cauliflower, you’ll learn how to mash, roast and rice using an assortment of savory spices. If that isn’t incentive enough, each side comes with a fun fact you can share with your friends!
Cauliflower is a useful substitute for main ingredients and a palatable complement to the main course. Add a little something extra to your favorite meal kits. See our full menu by clicking below!