Posted by Terra's Kitchen on Mon, Sep 11, '17
You have enough to think about in the first weeks of school as kids get used to their new fall schedules without having to worry about the environmental impact of all those plastic school items. We went ahead and did the research for you, so you can invest in eco-friendly school supplies you'll feel good about now and throughout the entire school year.School Lunches
- Lunchskins reusable fabric bags are dishwasher safe and their recycled and resealable paper sandwich bags just destroyed the brown bag lunch game.
- Bentgo compartmentalized lunch boxes, cups and bowls are BPA, PVC, and lead free.
- To-Go Ware Kids Bamboo Utensil Set is made for mini hands and come in a handy case.
- Bobble Water Bottles have a built in filtration system to remove chlorine and other contaminants from tap water. Made from recycled PET.
- Fluf Organic Cotton Lunch Bags are machine washable and have a wipeable, water-resistant liner.
- Plum Organics Jammy Sammy for a quick, “we’re going to be late” snack. No added trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, preservatives, or crust! BPA free packaging and a recyclable box.
Earth Friendly School Supplies
- Action Method by Behance has a line of journals, notebooks and calendars with color-coded grids to keep students (and professionals) organized. Made from 30% post consumer recycled paper.
- Forest Choice #2 Pencils and Color Pencils are made from FSC- certified wood from responsibly managed forests.
- Obon Rainbow Pencils made from 100% recycled newspaper
- Naked Binders are made from 100% post-consumer waste and are 100% recyclable.
- New Leaf recycled composition books and loose leaf paper made from 100% recycled paper.
- The Seven Year Pen guarantees 1.7 meters of doodles per day for seven years! Did you know nearly 100 million pens are discarded every year? This pen’s ink supply guarantees you won’t need another writing instrument for a very long time.
- Bamboo Dry Erase Board made from sustainably harvested wood from New Zealand is as useful as it is resourceful.
- AusPen Refillable Dry Erase Markers come in colorful 6 packs. The refillable ink is less expensive (and wasteful) than buying new markers.
Eco-Friendly Art Supplies
- Eco-Kids Eco Glue is handmade from rice flour, water, sugar, citric acid, corn starch, potassium sorbate and rosemary oil. Never fear that your kid is the one eating the glue!
- Earth Grown Soy Crayons are non-toxic and 100% biodegradable.
- GLOB Colors make paints from fruits, vegetables, flowers and spices.
Outside of standard school supplies, you can reduce your environmental impact with meal kit delivery from Terra's Kitchen. We offer healthy options for every meal and snack of the day, plus we send everything in an eco-friendly vessel that is reused up to 100 times. Click below to learn more about Terra's Kitchen and to get started today.