This watermelon gift wrapping paper is perfect for wrapping up summer gifts!
What you need:
-Butcher paper (waxed on one side)
-Watermelon colored craft paint (I like to mix three colors: pink, light pink and red)
-Flat tipped paint brush (1/2 to 1-inch)
-Paper plate and water
-Thick dark green sharpie® marker
-Thick light green sharpie® marker
-Black sharpie® marker
What to do:
- Roll out paper (wax side down) onto a flat surface.
- Mix the paint: Squirt paint onto paper plate (2 parts pink, 1 part light pink, 1 part red) add a little water and mix with the brush.
- Paint the watermelon flesh: Paint half circles all over paper in various sizes and going different directions. Allow to dry.
- Paint the watermelon rind: Using the flat side of the dark green marker, draw a green line 1/2-inch away following the curve side of the watermelon slice. Using the flat side of the light green marker, draw a line on the inside of the dark green line. There will be a white space between the light green and the watermelon flesh.
- Paint the watermelon seeds: Using the tip of the black marker draw teardrop shapes along the flat side of the watermelon flesh. I usually do two rows.
Pro tip: Save this image to your phone or desktop to use as home screen wallpaper!
Obsessed with watermelon? Add a delicious twist to your breakfast, lunch and dessert using Terra's Kitchen 20 ounce watermelon spears. Check out the recipes!