Edamame are soybeans that are usually boiled or steamed and served either in their pods, or shelled. You may have tasted them for the first time as your appetizer in a Japanese restaurant, but don’t forget these little legumes when you are snacking, making salads and creating your own recipes. In addition to being delicious and easy to prepare, edamame offer a long list of health benefits.
- Excellent source of protein providing 17 g of protein per cup of edamame.
- Naturally gluten-free making this a perfect snack for anyone following a gluten-free diet.
- Help manage cholesterol levels & protect your heart thanks to a high isoflavone content. Isoflavones are only found in plants and help to manage the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Calms inflammation by reducing C-reactive protein levels with isoflavones.
- Excellent source of fiber which helps you to feel satiated and stay full longer.
- Good source of magnesium which helps to regulate blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. Just one cup of edamame provides almost ¼ of your recommended daily intake for the day.
Edamame can be served two ways - shelled or in their pods. Some people prefer snacking with edamame still in their pods because it can slow down the snacking process since it requires a bit of work to get each bean out. Shelled edamame are especially convenient though and easy to add to any salad or recipe. If you are eating edamame as a snack, simply add a bit of salt and enjoy! We use shelled edamame in our Spicy Honey Lime Chicken W Edamame Rice meal kit recipe and they are also in our Chopped Power Green Salad.
Our meal delivery menu at Terra’s Kitchen isn’t limited to dinner meal kits. We also offer prepared salads, healthy snacks, smoothie kits and a la carte proteins to further eliminate the need to head to the grocery store during the week. We recently added shelled edamame to our snack menu and it can be added to any order for only $2.99. To learn more about Terra’s Kitchen meal delivery service and to get started click below.