You may be familiar with how meal delivery services work and you may have even cooked one of our Terra’s Kitchen meal kits using our signature pre-chopped ingredients, but there are some things you may not know. Here are 11 fun facts about our company.
- Who is Terra? Terra isn’t a person! Terra means “the earth” in Latin. We chose this name because taking care of the earth is a high priority for us.
- Our eco-friendly packaging doesn’t end up in a landfill like other brown-box services. Our climate-controlled vessels can be reused up to 100 times to deliver meal kits to our customers. The entire vessel (ice packs included) is sent back to us to be sanitized and reused.
- Our Creative Culinary Director, Libbie Summers, has written 3 cookbooks! Libbie is constantly developing new meals with healthy seasonal ingredients. We add about 10 new meals every month!
- If you like choices, you will be happy to learn that we offer over 40 meals on our menu at all times including Paleo, vegetarian, and gluten-free meals. Regardless of your special dietary needs, you are sure to find meals that will work for you.
- We deliver way more than just dinner. In addition to our prepped meal kits, TK customers can order Grab ‘n Go salads, proteins like chicken breasts or bacon, snacks like hummus or fruit, and cold pressed juices.
- We source the exact ingredient amounts that we need for each week’s shipment, and we make every vessel to order. This ensures that we do not waste food during the food prep process.
- Our Director of Nutrition, Dr. Lisa Davis, PhD, PA-C, CNS, reviews each meal to ensure it meets our guidelines of being balanced, clean, plant-strong™, nutrient-dense and features heart-healthy fats.
- We source the best ingredients from sustainable sources including organic, grass-fed beef, free-range chicken that is non-GMO, antibiotic- and hormone-free, and sustainable and traceable seafood like salmon and tilapia.
- We love partnering with locally grown brands, companies, and charities in the cities where we work. We are always looking for new ways to include our neighbors in the things we are working on.
- All of our recipes come with wine and beer pairings from grapefriend and #tabletalk questions to help you start conversation. We believe that a family dinner is about way more than just the food on your plate.
- You can earn free meals by inviting your friends through our Refer a Friend program. There is no limit to the amount of TK credit you can earn, so start inviting and watch your free meals stack up!
Curious about what’s on our menu this week? Check out our recipes and start cooking today.