Terra’s Kitchen was founded to help reconnect families around the dinner table, but we aren’t only focused on delivering convenient and healthy homemade meals. We believe real connection starts by talking over dinner and we don’t mean boring chit chat. Each of our recipes include #TableTalk conversation starters that will turn rushed mealtime exchanges into real bonding experiences. Try using one (or more) of these questions at your next weeknight dinner or large family gathering to bypass awkward small talk and get straight to the good stuff.
- What do you admire most about the person sitting next to you?
- What is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
- What is a characteristic you really admire about someone in this family?
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
- Do you know the story of how your grandparents met?
- If you could spend a day just talking to any one person, who would it be?
- If you could create any ice cream flavor, what would it be?
- If you opened a restaurant what kind of food would you serve?
- If you could choose one award to win (real or made-up), what would you pick and why?
- If you could invite any three people in the world to dinner who would you invite and what would you serve?
This or That
- Would you rather live in a castle, on a boat, or on a cloud?
- If you were in a band or managed a sports team, what would you call it?
- Would you rather be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day?
- Who was your favorite New Kid (NKOTB)?
- Are you more of a Zach or Slater? Kelly or Jessie?
Get Personal (but not too personal)
- What do you think has been the best day of your life so far?
- If you could only do one thing for a whole day, what would you do?
- If you had the attention of the world for 10 seconds, what would you say?
- Who had the biggest impact on the person you are today?
- What are the qualities that make you a good friend?
- What’s the most impressive meal you’ve ever cooked?
- What do you think the food of the future will be like?
- What’s your most treasured recipe?
- What foods from your childhood do you still like to make?
- Which food are you embarrassed to admit you like?
Each Terra’s Kitchen recipe card includes a #TableTalk question to get the conversation started. Check out our meal delivery menu for even more fun questions to kick off your next dinnertime discussion.