Switch up your brunch menu this weekend (and maybe surprise Mom this Mother's Day) with some of these healthy (+ delicious) recipes! Whether you’re looking for something sweet, savory, or a little bit of both, we’ve got you covered. These three recipes will set you up for a successful brunch spread.
Baked Avocado Eggs
Recipe & Photography by: TK partner, Brittany Mullins
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice avocado in half.
- Take out the pit and use a spoon to create larger holes for the eggs. (The hole for the pit is usually too small to fit a whole egg.)
- Place avocado halves in in a small baking dish lined with foil.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Serve warm with sea salt, pepper and hot sauce. Store leftover avocados in the fridge to enjoy later.
Easy Almond Flour Pancakes with Banana Whipped Cream
Recipe & Photography by: TK partner, Rachel Mansfield
- Almond flour pancakes:
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 packet Vital Proteins collagen peptides (or 1-2 scoops)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Banana whipped cream:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 can coconut milk full fat (put in fridge overnight)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add in almond flour, collagen peptides, cinnamon, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Heat coconut oil or butter on a large skillet on medium/high heat.
- Once pan is heated up add batter to skillet (about 2 tablespoons per pancake).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the top starts to bubble a little.
- Gently flip then cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat until all pancakes are cooked.
- Once pancakes are done, begin making banana whipped cream.
- Add frozen banana to blender and the cream part of the coconut milk can (not the liquid, I save it for smoothies!)
- Blender until just creamy and smooth.
- Plate with pancakes and enjoy! (Pancakes will stay good for 5 days or so in fridge or freezer for a few weeks. banana whipped cream is best day of.)
Terra's Kitchen Fruit Nacho Recipe:
- 2-3 medium peaches, apricots, berries, and/or bananas, sliced
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
Optional topping: granola, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, mini chocolate chips, dried and snipped cherries, or dried and snipped apricots
- Arrange the fruit slices on a large serving platter.
- Stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla, and honey in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the peaches and sprinkle on toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
Now that you have the food covered, you need a drink to complement your meal! Cold brew is a great addition to your brunch, especially on warm days. Learn how to brew your own at home here!
Now you know how to make the brunch of your dreams. Want to add a little something extra to your brunch? Terra’s Kitchen offers side options like applewood bacon, fruit bursts + more so you’ll have something for everyone!