It’s 4:45 on a Friday—the bewitching hour. The sun has been shining in your 3rd floor window all day, mocking you and your 9-to-5 schedule. There are still 25 emails to answer and all you can think about is a glass of wine and a quiet homemade dinner, even though you’ll have to settle for a light beer and Chinese takeout because going to the grocery would be like going into battle right now. Then nothing short of a miracle happens. When you finally get home, your husband hands you a glass of wine and reminds you that he’s making Friday night dinner. You look at him in awe. “Didn’t you get my email?” he asks.
District of Columbia, 2016
Real talk -- it’s been a long week. Time was flying but somehow your inbox just wouldn’t reach zero. On days like this, you shouldn’t be dreading the dinner process once you’re finally able to power down and head home.
How much is your time worth? No matter who you are, going to the grocery store instead of clocking another hour on the job has a price. Missing happy hour, your daughter’s soccer game or that spin class has a price. Eating greasy takeout again tonight has a price.
Having pre-planned, pre-chopped dinner ingredients delivered in a Terra’s Kitchen vessel is a small victory. Coming home from a stressful day to find that dinner is unexpectedly on the table -- now that’s magic. If that dinner is Spicy Honey Lime Chicken with Edamame Rice and The Cure is playing in the background, even better. If your time saved from Friday evening grocery madness is reinvested as #tabletalk with your family, then the entire meal delivery kit process was worth the price.
What To Do:
1. Cook Rice: In a small saucepan, over high heat, bring 1¼ cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil. Stir in rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Reserve 2 teaspoons of mixture.
4. Coat Chicken: Add the chicken to the bowl with the sauce. Turning to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Cook Chicken: Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until done (about 3-4 minutes per side).
6. Finish Rice: Heat a lightly oiled Fluff rice with a fork and fold in edamame, zest, scallions, cilantro and juice from remaining lime half. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve: Serve chicken over rice and drizzle reserved sauce over. Garnish with reserved cilantro.
You could be making this meal for Friday night dinner with pre-prepped ingredients by this time next week! Check out our full menu of healthy meals, and spend your time where it matters most to you.