Your heart beats about 100,000 times per day, pumping 2,000 gallons of blood to different cells in your body. That’s tiring just thinking about it! Your heart definitely deserves a little extra love, so treat it to a heart-healthy feast. Follow this meal plan below filled with foods that will send a little ‘thank you’ to your #1 hard-working organ.
- black coffee
- oatmeal with berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- Terra’s Kitchen Veggie Kale Ceaser Salad
- Terra’s Kitchen Buddha Bowl
- Citrus fruits
- Dark Chocolate
- Almond Butter with Apples Slices
- Suja Mighty Greens Smoothie
Dinner: (all things salmon)
- One Pan Roasted Salmon, sweet potatoes and asparagus
- Paprika rubbed salmon tostadas with avocado orange salsa
- Honey-Soy Salmon and stir-fry vegetables
Studies have shown that omega 3s from salmon reduce inflammation and cardiovascular disease. Antioxidants from fruits and vegetables protect your heart from damage and nuts help your cell membrane health. Your heart thanks you for your day of dedication!
You can find all these meals and more heart healthy options on our full menu.
Topics: The Food Dr.