One of the best ways to make sure you stick to eating healthy is to plan your meals ahead of time. Knowing what you are going to cook and having meals ready and waiting at home can help you avoid temptation and it also makes things way easier. Getting started with a new weight-loss meal plan is often the hardest part, but once you get used to planning, shopping and cooking, eating healthy foods will feel like second nature.
We included a weekly meal planning journal in the Terra’s Kitchen Real Weight-Loss Plan download to help simplify what can feel like a daunting process. It has everything you need on one page to plan your meals from breakfast to snacks. You can use the planner to count calories, set goals, and even schedule your workouts for the week. Here is how we recommend tackling the planning process to set yourself up for a smooth week of clean eating.
- Goals. First things first, take a few minutes to think about what you want to accomplish this week and set some weekly goals. It’s really important to keep things simple, plan meals you are looking forward to eating, and continue to improve yourself week over week. We like the idea of choosing a mantra for the week. This can be a word or phrase you want to focus on for the week. Mantras we have used in the past are focus, abundance, joy, and change.
- Fitness plan. Next, map out your exercise plan. We recommend doing this second because depending on what time of day you like to work out, it could affect which days you want pre-prepped meals for lunch or dinner. Once you decide what you want to do, whether it is a yoga class, walking to work, or an at-home workout write it down so you can’t back out! Consider trying a new trendy workout to add some variety to your routine.
- Choose your meals. This is the fun part! Use the filtering feature on our menu to only see the weight-loss approved meals when creating your order or searching for recipes. Record what you plan to eat each day and for every meal. When planning lunches, remember that you can use leftovers or cook ahead to make things easier. If you are using make-ahead lunches, consider upcycling your TK trays to take your lunch on the go.
- Order meal delivery. If having pre-chopped ingredients and ready to go meals a few days a week makes things easier for you, get started with a weekly weight-loss meal delivery kit. Customize your order with the items from our menu that will make your life easier including smoothie kits, pre-made salads, healthy snacks and low-calorie dinner kits. Circle the day your delivery is coming & bubble in the days you plan to eat the meals you order from Terra’s Kitchen.
- Save your recipes. Our plan is designed to support you in cooking a few days a week on your own using our recipes. Even if you do not order meals from Terra’s Kitchen you have full access to all of our recipes so you can make them on your own. If you see a recipe you want to try, click on the “Recipe Card” icon to download the full recipe. You can pull up your recipes from our website at any time, however we love creating a Pinterest board to keep track of recipes so you can easily find them when you are ready to cook. Plus, you won’t waste paper by printing them out!
- Calorie count. Now that you have all of your meals and snacks planned, total up your calories for each day and make sure you are under the maximum per day. Women should aim to come in under 1200 calories per day and men should aim to consume 1500 calories per day.
- Shop. Create a shopping list with the items you need to cook on your non-Terra’s Kitchen days. If you need ideas, consult the shopping list included in the Real Weight-Loss Plan download. Don’t skip snacks or breakfast! These meals are crucial to making sure you stay satiated throughout the day and don’t overindulge at lunch or dinner.
- Post your plan. This document is your guide for the week, so hang it up somewhere you will see it and can reference it throughout the day. Some people like hanging it on their refrigerator, but it might be easier to keep it in your planner so you can track your meals. Do whatever works best for you.
- Track your meals. Check off your meals as you prepare and eat them. You can use stickers or colorful pens to make this part even more fun, and don’t forget to bubble in your water as you drink throughout the day. At the end of the week you will be able to see everything you accomplished at a glance which feels really good!
Topics: healthy lifestyle