We’ll admit it, sometimes the idea of setting a large goal is extremely intimidating. It might seem impossible to try to lose 50lbs or run a full marathon by the end of the year. You know what? That’s okay; we have a secret. The way to reach your goals is to set small, attainable goals that you can hit daily, weekly, or monthly. Every time you hit a small goal, it will not only take you one step further toward your big goal, but it will boost your confidence and remind you of what you’re capable. The trick is to start with setting goals you can hit every day and celebrating small daily wins.
- Drink your water! We’re sure you’ve been told time and time again just how important it is to stay hydrated. Not only is water good for pretty much every part of your body, but it will flush out any toxins and release the water weight you’re holding onto. 8 glasses, or 2 liters a day, may seem impossible, but the key is to figure out how to best manage this task. We recommend taking a water bottle such as a Nalgene or a Camelbak with you everywhere you go. That way, you’re always armed with hydration. If you can, get a waterbottle with notches that indicate ounces on it. That will help you keep track of how much you’ve had, and how much left you have to go. Having trouble swallowing the idea of plain water all day? Go for something a little more exciting such as flavored seltzers like LaCroix.
- Step things up. No wonder devices like Fitbits are so popular. When you have a goal for X amount of steps to get in a day, you create a competition inside yourself to achieve that goal. If you don’t want to spend the money, check out your smartphone’s fitness apps or download ones such as Stepz, Walker, and Pacer.
- Track your eats. Whether you have a goal to eat within a specific range of calories or you just want to be mindful of your intake, apps such as MyFitnessPal and LoseIt will help you do just that, effortlessly. Keeping an eye on what you eat daily will lead to big results down the road.
- Eating healthier in general. Like we said, eating healthy daily will contribute to big success later on. Our most trusted trick is to meal plan. Websites like Pinterest have thousands of ideas for healthy meals and how to prep and plan like a pro. With healthy ingredients and easy instructions, Terra’s Kitchen meals can become an easy and convenient way to help you reach your healthy eating goals.
- Reward yourself for small wins. But not with food! Choose other rewards along your weight-loss journey, like a new piece of clothing, a massage, etc. Work toward each smaller goal to make your larger goal feel more achievable.