If you have ever researched or shopped for protein powder, then you know that the choices can feel overwhelming. From pre-mixed drinks and shakes to powders that can be added to your daily green smoothie, it can be difficult to tell the differences between all of your options. Here are the main things to look for when selecting the right protein powder for you.
The main types of protein powders are whey and soy. Whey protein is the most popular type of protein powder on the market. It is soluble in water which makes it really easy to use and it has the added bonus of being a complete protein which means it contains all 9 of the amino acids that humans need to survive. Soy protein is a good choice for vegans, but it does not dissolve as easily as whey protein.
When selecting the right protein powder for you, take into consideration a few factors:
- What benefits are you looking to get from using a protein powder? Are you looking to simply complement your diet or are you looking to boost physical performance?
- How do you plan on using your protein powder? Do you usually make smoothies or would it be easier to use a powder than can dissolve into other beverages?
- How much protein do you need to add to your diet? More protein isn’t always better, so take into consideration how much protein you are consuming already in your regular diet before deciding to start taking a protein powder. For example, an active adult who is 165lbs should consume 150 grams of protein per day according to the American College of Sports Medicine and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Terra’s Kitchen recently launched Terra’s Kitchen Nutrient-Rich Protein Powder in Chocolate and Vanilla flavors. It is a whey protein that is enhanced by the protein peptide, Lunasin XP. Our protein blend utilizes dietary fiber as low-glycemic carbohydrates combined with pure proteins and lipids (or healthy fats) in a precise ratio to stimulate the positive benefits of omega-3 fats and the apocrine hormones derived from them that control every physiological function of the body.
The positive benefits of enjoying Terra's Kitchen's protein powder include:
- Fuel the fat-burning process
- Help stimulate the immune system
- Help reduce joint and muscle inflammation
- Aid in controlling blood sugar
- Support the circulatory system
- Provide heart-healthy fats
We recommend using our protein powder with our Terra’s Kitchen smoothie kits such as our Caribbean Kale Smoothie. For best result, add 2 scoops of powder into 6-8 fl oz. of water or your smoothie. Stir or blend thoroughly and enjoy.
Our fully prepped smoothie kits make adding a daily smoothie to your diet easy and fun. For more information about our smoothies and meal delivery kits, click below.